7.20.2009

coworkers & friends

Jess commented on my last note and told me I forgot to mention how much I'm going to miss my coworkers and friends...

The thing is...I didn't forget...
but I can't just simply mention, in passing,
a group of people who have meant so much more to me than a coworker ever could.
Y'all have been confidantes, allies, sisters in christ, prayer partners, and most of all, friends.
Thank you for a year and a half of lunches, inside jokes, boring fridays made fun, and the camaraderie that was brought about by laughter or tears, and sometimes both.
You honestly made awful days bearable,
and sometimes made good days awful ;)
(just kidding...half kidding. hahah)
There were times, that you were my sanity.
Thank you for supporting me through all I went through, good and bad,
for being a listening ear,
and giving me the confidence and encouragement to stand up for myself or TO certain people
(eh...you know who/what i'm talking about haha)
and for tolerating my random bursts of song.
I'll miss you.

I yet I really can't tell you how much I am going to miss you,
because words aren't quite sufficient.

I am so excited to see what God is going to do in your life...you're all in such exciting places!!
People always say they don't want to lose touch, and I hope that we can truly keep that communication.

i love you girls. so so so much.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Mia! You are so right! Words can't express what our friendship means to me! You will be SO missed!

But I expect you at my baby shower! And to come see me and the baby when he/she is born! :)

Christen Barrios said...

All I have to say is "Look at the parking garage they're building up there!", Friday handstands against our bosses' doors, wrestling matches in the Ed. Suite, and so much more.

In all seriousness, it has been a joy to not only work with you but to become your friend. Mia I am so going to miss you, but I am excited for you and what the future holds. Just remember to always put Jesus first. Satan will do everything he can to distract you and get you to put other things (i.e. Tony, school, your family, etc.) above Christ, but make it your goal to put Christ first in everything you do and you can't go wrong. I love you girl!

Mimi said...

tear.

sniff.

tear.

hand over the kleenex!

:o)