6.23.2010

faithful!

God is just so faithful to me.
I am so thankful that I have people in my life
that continue to encourage me,
and build me up,
and speak truth to me.
i need it.
it's always exactly what i need to hear.

a few days ago,
liz was encouraging me to stop being such a people pleaser....
to focus on pleasing God, and no one else.
and during that time to today,
i kept dwelling on two things:
1.  i am enough.
no matter how loud, 
obnoxious, 
emotional, 
silly, 
trusting, 
passionate 
or whatever....
i am enough in Christ. 
this is how I was made, 
and i am quite enough
for the ones who truly love me.

2.  to get rid of my pride and do the Bible study 
Lies Women Believe
that my mom has been telling me to do
but i haven't wanted to because.....
i'm just prideful.

today, i spoke to my old coworker 
and very good friend, Jessica Villalpando
and she truly encouraged me a lot.
She mentioned she's been doing a Bible study called...
yes, Lies Women Believe,
and she kept thinking about me on the chapter about
yes, being a people pleaser.

talk about humbling.

I picked it up today,
asked forgiveness for being so hardheaded
and prayed God would transform my life through this study.

please, pray for me as I let God 
weed out the garbage in my life.







1 comment:

Jessica V. said...

Praying for you friend!

I love you!